Medical Secretary Summary of Duties:
This position is primarily responsible for scheduling new patient and follow-up appointments, booking procedures (on demand and recalls), confirming upcoming appointments, answering and responding to all patient telephone calls as well as answering patient questions about procedures and procedure preparation. The Medical Secretary obtains prior authorizations for procedures and performs other various office duties as needed.
Medical Secretary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintains provider schedule. Schedule patient appointments, procedures and confirm appointments.
· Answer and triage Provider’s telephone calls, retrieves and returns phone messages promptly, arranges appropriate follow up where needed.
· Ensures proper insurance referrals are in place as well as referring provider documentation and necessary patient records are received for visit.
· Performs end of visit check out, orders laboratory and/or radiology testing, and any follow-up care.
· Provide patients with necessary instructions to prepare for procedures.
· Coordinates with hospitals or other endoscopy centers for procedure scheduling as needed.
· Reviews and routes incoming correspondence, referrals, prescription authorizations and other electronic tasks. Responds, or accurately tasks to provider or administration.
· Maintains and completes open orders.
· Generates and types routine letters and correspondence in EHR and ensures proper signatures and approvals, when necessary.
· In coordination with Medical Assistant, maintains GI provider’s recall system, including mailing letters and follow up phone calls to remind patients of their GI procedures due (minimum two months ahead) as required.
· Helps patients with concerns and complaints, and escalates requests to Site or Practice Manager, as appropriate.
· Organizes provider’s calendar, and schedules other appointments as requested.
· Travels to satellite office as required.
· Maintains clean and orderly work area.
· Maintains a professional atmosphere in all aspects of the office, including interaction with physician, management, patients and all outside contacts.
· Maintains patient confidentiality
· Performs other administrative, secretary and other medical support duties, as assigned.
· High School Diploma / Certified Medical Secretary / Medical Terminology
· Associate degree from two-year college or technical school preferred
· Minimum of two years’ experience with similar job functions in a healthcare setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Medical Terminology / Electronic Medical records experience preferred.
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
Medical, dental, vision, 401K
Paid sick / vacation time
Covid 19 precautions:
We have modified our offices and follow recommended state and CDC guidelines.
Description: Seattle Reproductive Medicine is a fertility clinic serving the Pacific Northwest region. We’ve been helping to create life in...Apply For This Job
Description: Job Title: Medical Receptionist FLSA Status: NE Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor Last Revised: 01/24/2020 Supervises: N/A Job Summary:...Apply For This Job
Description: JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST ARE: Schedules, reschedules, and cancels appointments as necessary. Schedules all appointments with the...Apply For This Job
Description: Job Title: Medical Receptionist (Part Time) Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor Supervises: N/A Job Summary: The Medical Receptionist ensures...Apply For This Job
OnPoint Medical Group is searching for an outstanding Medical Receptionist to join our OnPoint Urgent Care team at our Lone...Apply For This Job
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|